Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great chili recipe that's more like a soup. The recipe can be easily doubled to make more.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups water
- Brown ground beef & onion. Drain.
- Add chili powder & cumin, stir 1 minute.
- Put tomatoes, beans and salsa in a large pot.
- Add ground beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 25 minutes.
This time around I made the recipe as is, to see how it tasted & how well it would freeze! Another time I'll be making a double batch & freezing more! Did use extra lean ground beef & then cut back the cumin by half! We were very pleased with this chili! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]