Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make this delicious hot chocolate dipping sauce in just a few minutes and enjoy it as if it were created in a 4-star restaurant -- maybe more! I like to eat it in a warm bubble bath with candles for ambiance! (Can't do that in a restaurant!)
- 7 ounces hershey milk chocolate
- cut-up fruit
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup half-and-half (light cream and soy milk work well, too)
- Break the chocolate bar into chunks-- the smaller the chunks, the smoother, faster and easier the chocolate will melt.
- Heat the half-and-half in a non-stick saucepan on a low flame while adding the chocolate, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted to the consistency you desire.
- Use more half-and-half for thinner fondu, less for thicker.
- Be careful not to over-cook because the chocolate will form a film which may taste bitter if reblended into mixture.
- Serve in a chocolate fondu pot (reasonably priced at Target. com) or in a ceramic bowl (to hold the heat longer).
- The fondu pot is better because it allows you to keep chocolate warm with a tea light.
- Dip fruit into chocolate and enjoy!
- Notes: If you do not have fondu forks, you can use bamboo skewers.
- I cut them in half for ease of use.
- Arrange and serve the fruit on a pretty platter.
- This makes the experience that much more delightful.
- Dried fruits, nuts and popcorn are delicious dippers, too!
- Chocolate fondue goes very well with dry champagne, full-bodied red wines and crisp, dry white wines.
Made tonight for a fondue dinner so we had both regular fondue and this fondue for dessert. SO GOOD! It got totally devoured and I can't believe how simple this was. Used cubes of angel food cake, rice krispie treats, dried apricots, strawberries, fresh pineapple and marshmallows. YUM. Thanks!!!
This was a hit. I made both a white chocolate and a hershey one. I used bananas, strawberries kiwi and pound cake. I used small individual dishes for each person. Thanks.
I have 10+ words to describe this: awesome, good, great, delicious, mouth-watering, fantastic, phenomenal, fun, salivating, yummy, terrific, dynamite, nice, and not unhealthy. we had little boys over so they adored it!