Recipe by LAURIE
Yes, these are messy to make, but well worth it. Seems the kids like to make these probably because of the stickiness. My 17 yo can eat the whole batch!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
I refrigerated the dough and it was not messy at all to roll the balls in the powdered sugar. I got 40 cookies out of my batch and they came out chewy and chocolately. They took 8-9 minutes in my oven. Very easy recipe for such a great cookie! Thanks for sharing! P.S. I used devil's food cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- powdered sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together by hand the mix and cool whip.
- DOUGH WILL BE VERY THICK AND STICKY.
- Drop by large teaspoons in powdered sugar.
- (I always use a spoon and a knife and a cereal type bowl with powdered sugar fairly deep) Roll into balls covering with the sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully you want them to be loose looking.
- Don't over bake.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.