Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from SouthernLiving.com. I'm a quick and easy cook and this fit the bill. These croutons are great on a Southwest Caesar Salad.
- 2 cups commercial garlic butter croutons (any kind will do or make your own)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (or what you have)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place croutons in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Coat croutons with cooking spray. Combine paprika, chili powder, and cumin in a small bowl; sprinkle over croutons in bag. Shake bag to coat.
Great idea! I 'made' some croutons, out of a sourdough loaf, and followed the directions, as written. I also sprayed with Pam on foil, for easier cleanup. These were good, but next time I may use cayenne, for a little more bite. Thanks for a great recipe, PickyEaters; I'm going to try these on a blackened chicken salad.
I used hot smoked paprika & a foil lined pan to spray the croutons. I thought the idea was terrific. I love flavored croutons & this method will let me play. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.