- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces beer (1/2 a bottle)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, Rachael says 4 good shakes)
- kosher salt, to taste
- crushed tortilla chips
- chopped onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large deep saucepan, brown the ground beef in olive oil over med-high heat; add in onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add in beer, beef broth, tomatoes, seasonings, and salt; bring to a boil; then decrease heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
- Top with chopped onion and cilantro; serve with chips to dip, or crushed chips to top and a side of refried beans.
- Leftovers only get better.