Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been passed down generation to generation in my family. It is perfect comfort food and is so incredibly easy. If you like chili, you will love this!
- 1 quart stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small tomato paste
- 1 small tomato sauce
- 2 -3 cups elbow macaroni
- On stove in big pan, brown hamburger with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add Stewed tomatoes and turn burner to low.
- I can my own stewed tomatoes so it has celery and onions in it, if yours doesn't then add celery and onion.
- Stir in tomato paste and sauce.
- Add chili powder, red pepper, and salt (depending on how hot you like your food, start with 1 tsp of the powder and pepper).
- I like things hot so I use more!
- Turn burner to simmer.
- The longer it simmers, the more flavor you will have.
- When ready, serve over elbow noodles.