Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very fast chili recipe that my family loves. I serve it with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. My oldest child also likes to dip saltines in it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can chili beans or 1 can hot chili beans (for a spicy version)
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes (or one of each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 can diced green chilis (for a spicy version) (optional)
- Brown ground beef, add onions, cook until onions are clear.
- Add cans of beans and tomatos.
- Add chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Let simmer 5-30 minutes (depending on the amount of time you have available)
- Each of these variations will make the chili spicier.