Recipe by Andtototoo!
One of my inventions. This is a very quick raita to put together. This recipe can be served with northern Indian or Middle Eastern foods. A good way to add protein to a vegetarian meal.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt, as needed
- 15 ounces canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a serving bowl put the yogurt.
- Add the water and stir to blend. If you like an extra thick raita, either reduce the water or leave it out all together.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mint and salt.
- Add the chickpeas and mix until everything is well blended.
- Cover and chill in the fridge to allow time for the flavors to marry before serving.
- Optional: If you have the time, lightly fry the rinsed and drained chickpeas for about 5 minutes in 1 Table. of oil, before letting them cool and adding them to the recipe.