Recipe by jrusk
This is from Rachael Ray. Gouda is great. I use a grill pan for the chicken and enjoy the chicken alone for a quick low fat meal.
Top Review by Islandlife
Found this very yummy. I took 2 chicken breasts and pounded them, and cut them into chunks, then cooked them that way. I also found it a little too much thyme, but will make again with less. Thanks for the quick dinner recipe! Served with rice, carrots and salad
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Season both sides of the chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat pan with olive oil or spray with pam.
- Add chicken, cook for 6 minute each side.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk until thickened, 2-3 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in cheese in a figure-eight motion until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken at an angle and top with the gouda gravy.