Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Rachael Ray. Gouda is great. I use a grill pan for the chicken and enjoy the chicken alone for a quick low fat meal.
- Season both sides of the chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat pan with olive oil or spray with pam.
- Add chicken, cook for 6 minute each side.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk until thickened, 2-3 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in cheese in a figure-eight motion until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken at an angle and top with the gouda gravy.
Found this very yummy. I took 2 chicken breasts and pounded them, and cut them into chunks, then cooked them that way. I also found it a little too much thyme, but will make again with less. Thanks for the quick dinner recipe! Served with rice, carrots and salad
Made this for dinner tonight and it was quick and good. I did make the change of cooking the chicken on the grill first. I served it with wild rice and green beans.
This was wonderful. I cut the thyme in half as I thought 2 tbl would be too strong for my liking. It is very easy and very delicious - thank you!