Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This griddled chicken served with pasta in a rich, creamy sauce makes a tasty meal.
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounces pasta (of your choice)
- 1 garlic clove, halved and one half crushed
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 slices of dry-cured smoked streaky bacon
- olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball, torn into small pieces
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 dashes lemon juice
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add in the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta of nearly all its cooking water, reserving around 150ml in the pan. Mix in the garlic, mascarpone cheese and cream. Add in the mozzarella and a squeeze of lemon juice, season with freshly ground pepper and grated nutmeg. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan on the stove and lay streaky bacon rashers along the edge of the pan to cook, removing the bacon once it is cooked and keeping warm.
- Place a chicken breast fillet between two strips of film and, using a cook's mallet or rolling pin, bat out the chicken until 1 cm thick. Remove the film and rub the chicken fillet with the uncrushed garlic clove half. Repeat with the remaining chicken fillets.
- Brush the flattened fillets with a little olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and place on the hot griddle pan.
- Turn the chicken over after 2-3 minutes and cook on the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Slice the griddled chicken into pieces.
- Roughly chop the cooked bacon. Mix the bacon and chives into the pasta mixture. Taste to check the seasoning and adjust as required.
- Place the pasta mixture in a warm serving bowl. Top with the sliced chicken, add a squeeze of lemon juice, drizzle with olive oil and serve.