Recipe by KelBel
Quick, easy and tasty.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
What a fantastic, easy to put together & tasty soup! (tasty according to my husband, who I made this for!). I left out the rice &I used Kirkland organic salsa (from Costco; no extra spices are needed because it's so yummy!). My husband blended it to make it smooth, which made it taste like a restaurant soup he had in California. I do think it's a BIT too much broth, but besides that it's perfect. It smells wonderful, too. He put crushed tortilla chips on top, with low fat mexican cheese. He's taking some to work tomorrow, and there's still another helping in the fridge! Thanks for sharing this great recipe; great comfort food, too. I
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced avocado
- sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, black beans, and salsa.
- Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot.
- Add chicken and rice and simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips per serving bowl, top with soup.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, avocado, black olives, and/or cilantro.