Recipe by ditsyquoin
A "throwdown" when unexpected guests arrive. All of the ingredients might be in your kitchen.
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the peppers, garlic and ginger in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix the above ingredients with the curry powder and yogurt.
- Cut the chicken breasts into narrow strips.
- Paint the chicken strips with the spicy-yogurt mixture. Use a spoon, brush or your hands. Refrigerate it to marinade as long as you can. 10 minutes will do but it will be better if you have 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, iron preferred, and when really hot toss the chicken strips inches Cook on each side until brown or black.
- Serve with toothpicks,a small bowl of chopped coriander, plain yogurt, or any other condiment you find in your refrigerator. Dried figs, blue cheese, chutney and pine nuts might be considered.
- Serve with left-over rice if you have it.