Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another of the favourites of the UK. Please try and enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Mix ginger, turmeric, garlic, chili, half the cilantro, lime juice, 1 tbsp of the oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken strips and coat well. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Soften the onion in the remaining oil and add the chicken along with it's marinade.
- Cook on a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Season and add lemon juice to taste along with remaining cilantro.
- Serve with naan bread, white rice and a cold beer!