Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups uncle ben's chicken rice pilaf mix, cooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, broccoli green beans mushrooms & red peppers
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup bottled hoisin sauce
- PREP: Cut chicken into 3/4-inch pieces.
- CLEAN: Wash hands.
- COOK: Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 4 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables, onion and carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Cover; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and internal juices of chicken run clear.
- (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170°F.) Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Heat thoroughly.
- SERVE: Serve chicken and vegetables over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- CHILL; Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Not a bad stir fry, we enjoyed it but felt it was quite heavy on the hoisin sauce. I will make it again but would cut the hoisin sauce in half. I scaled the recipe to 2 servings and it worked just fine and was very nice over some left over basmati fried rice pilaf I needed to use up. thanks for sharing.