Recipe by babyparentingguide
This is a quick chicken soup that I make for my son when he's got a sore throat or is otherwise feeling sick.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Saute onion, carrot and celery until tender.
- Add chicken breast and cook until chicken is browned.
- Add garlic, seasoning and pepper and cook one minute longer.
- Add chicken broth and heat to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook as long as package indicates.
- Add up to 1 cup of water toward the end of cooking if some of the broth boils off.
- Serve hot with buttered toast or garlic bread.