Recipe by Ceezie
I got this from my friend Ellen when I was sick. I liked it so much I asked her for the recipe. She adapted this recipe from a Sandra Lee cookbook. It originally called for 16 oz bag of mixed veggies - she subbed the celery, carrots and peas but you could sub anything you want.
Top Review by Deantini
This is a fabulous soup!! We all just raved about it. I used half of the butter and forgot to add the peas. I am not sure what the rice/chicken side ingredient (3rd last refers to) but I added 1/2 cup of long grain rice instead. It was very quick to put together and I would highly recommend this soup to anyone in need of some 'pick-me-up' food or just fans of chicken/rice soups.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cubed
- 5 2⁄3 ounces chicken, & rice flavored side (Knorr)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add the onions and saute; stir till tender. Add garlic, broth and soup; whisk to combine.
- Stir in chicken, veggies, rice, salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until veggies tender and rice cooked. Serve.