Recipe by NorthwestGal
An Italian classic ready in 20 minutes, from Cooking Light. This version is different than similar Puttanesca recipes. The choice of ingredients and much quicker cooking time give a new twist to an old classic that makes it possible to have a tasty dinner even on a busy night when there is so little time to spend in the kitchen. To keep total cooking time at 20 minutes, chop the olives, onion, garlic, tomato and anchovy while the pasta and chicken are cooking.
Top Review by 2Bleu
Fantastic! I made a few subtle changes: Linguini (on hand), cubed the chicken, doubled the garlic, and omitted the anchovies (personal preference). I also made it a bit simpler as when the chicken was just about done, I then added the onion and garlic for a minute (as directed), then added the remaining ingredients along with a few Tbsp of butter and a splash of white wine in order to make more sauce for the pasta. We topped it with grated parmesan cheese, served it with loof's Recipe #464233 which was a great accompaniment, and it left us wanting more! Simple to make, and will definitely make again and again! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts, cutlets (thin, about 4-oz each)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned is OK)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped freh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 canned anchovy fillet, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When done, drain in colander; set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add remaining oil, onion, and garlic to pan, and sauté 1 minute, stirring often to deglaze pan. Add tomato and remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 9 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken on top of angel hair pasta and top with the tomato mixture.