1/2 Photos of Quick Chicken Puttanesca
An Italian classic ready in 20 minutes, from Cooking Light. This version is different than similar Puttanesca recipes. The choice of ingredients and much quicker cooking time give a new twist to an old classic that makes it possible to have a tasty dinner even on a busy night when there is so little time to spend in the kitchen. To keep total cooking time at 20 minutes, chop the olives, onion, garlic, tomato and anchovy while the pasta and chicken are cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts, cutlets (thin, about 4-oz each)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned is OK)
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped freh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 canned anchovy fillet, chopped
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. When done, drain in colander; set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3Add remaining oil, onion, and garlic to pan, and sauté 1 minute, stirring often to deglaze pan. Add tomato and remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 9 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 4Serve chicken on top of angel hair pasta and top with the tomato mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 444.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 39.1 g