Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy and delicious pie! Also great using turkey. Tip: This dish can be prepared through step 3 and refrigerated up to 24 hours, if desired. Bake as directed for 20 to 25 minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Place chicken and broth in skillet; cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- While chicken is cooking, mix flour and butter; set aside.
- Combine mixed vegetables, mushrooms, basil, oregano and thyme in 2-quart casserole.
- Add flour mixture to chicken and broth in skillet; stir with wire whisk until smooth.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add to vegetable mixture; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blend biscuit mix and milk in medium bowl until smooth.
- Drop 4 scoops batter onto chicken mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and casserole is hot and bubbly.
Did not go over well with my family... sorry! Too much/too heavy "crust," and not great flavor beneath.