Basic comfort food! Buttermilk gives the topping a nice tangy taste. Copied from a magazine in a waiting room.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a 2-quart casserole, evenly spread out chicken.
- Place the egg slices on top of the chicken.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together broth and soup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chicken and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and pepper; stir in buttermilk and butter. pour over chicken (do not stir); smooth top.
- Bake pie, uncovered, until browned and bubbly, about 45 minutes.