Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Basic comfort food! Buttermilk gives the topping a nice tangy taste. Copied from a magazine in a waiting room.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a 2-quart casserole, evenly spread out chicken.
- Place the egg slices on top of the chicken.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together broth and soup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chicken and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and pepper; stir in buttermilk and butter. pour over chicken (do not stir); smooth top.
- Bake pie, uncovered, until browned and bubbly, about 45 minutes.