Out of the Blue's Note:
Use leftover chicken or turkey for this. Makes a dumpling-type dough. A favourite of DH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups leftover cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Place chicken in greased baking dish. Melt margarine and pour over chicken.
- 3In large non-stick frypan, cook carrots, onions, celery in a little butter until soft. Put over chicken.
- 4Mix dry ingredients well with milk. Pour over chicken.
- 5Heat soup and broth to boiling point, add poultry seasoning, curry powder, onion powder and pepper and pour over all.
- 6Cook in oven at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.8
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 1586.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g