Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use leftover chicken or turkey for this. Makes a dumpling-type dough. A favourite of DH.
Make and share this Quick Chicken Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups leftover cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish. Melt margarine and pour over chicken.
- In large non-stick frypan, cook carrots, onions, celery in a little butter until soft. Put over chicken.
- Mix dry ingredients well with milk. Pour over chicken.
- Heat soup and broth to boiling point, add poultry seasoning, curry powder, onion powder and pepper and pour over all.
- Cook in oven at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
A comfort food keeper! I used leftovers from Roast Chicken With Grand Marnier Glaze which added a bit extra to the dish IMO. Easy and good... will make again! Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Ok, I was QUITE prepared to make this - had so sub cream of potato and frozen mixed veggies - but it went together so easily and it really was great. Pulled the chicken out of the freezer, so this dinner came together in a heartbeat! Everyone loved it! (even with my cheat-y veggies!) Thanks a lot, this was great!
This is a keeper, like chicken and dumplings meets potpie! Very easy to put together and very tasty. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thank you so much for posting!