Recipe by Acountkel
Found this in a 2006 Southern Living magazine issue. Very tasty! My family loves it!
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was pretty good. I used 2 chicken thighs instead of breasts. I didn't change anything else in the recipe. The lemon juice was a little overpowering for me. I think if I were to make it again, I would use less lemon juice. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) package cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastci wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch-thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper; lightly dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Cook half of chicken in 1 tbls of hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Remove chichen to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and 1 tbls of olive oil.
- Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet, until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat; and butter and parsley, stirring until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve over warm noodles.