Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthier way to eat chicken parmesan with excellent flavor. (Recipe courtesy of foodfit.com)
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets, about 4 ounces each
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lay the chicken cutlets between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound each cutlet with the flat end of a mallet until thin.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet. While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano and dredge it in flour.
- Sauté the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a shallow baking dish. Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted and lightly golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.