Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick weeknight version of the Spanish classic.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- In a large deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the chicken all over.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, salt, turmeric and pepper and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced and the rice is almost tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook, covered, for 6 minutes or until the rice is tender.
absolutely yummy & oh, so easy! just a little chopping & stirring to do, but then very easy & very flavorful !