Recipe by Gwen35
Really quick to make if you're in a hurry. Good, too. The original recipe called for cream of mushroom soup, but I prefer cream of celery. Your choice.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag game 2010 and it is an easy and great tasting recipe. For us it was comfort food down home. I did use cream of celery soup and I added about 1/8 cup of onion chopped and 1 clove of garlic minced to the sauting green pepper. I used the frozen mixed vegetables and also the pimiento and served it over rice (DH wanted some rice instead of noodles) and a green salad. Thank you for a quick, tasty and easy recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea (or mixed vegetables)
- 2 cups chicken, diced (or turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, saute green pepper in butter/margarine till tender.
- Remove green pepper.
- Blend in flour, then slowly stir in milk.
- Add soup and heat slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, chicken or turkey, and green pepper.
- Cook on low heat about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve on patty shells, toast, rice or noodles.