Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really quick to make if you're in a hurry. Good, too. The original recipe called for cream of mushroom soup, but I prefer cream of celery. Your choice.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea (or mixed vegetables)
- 2 cups chicken, diced (or turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, saute green pepper in butter/margarine till tender.
- Remove green pepper.
- Blend in flour, then slowly stir in milk.
- Add soup and heat slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, chicken or turkey, and green pepper.
- Cook on low heat about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve on patty shells, toast, rice or noodles.