Really quick to make if you're in a hurry. Good, too. The original recipe called for cream of mushroom soup, but I prefer cream of celery. Your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea (or mixed vegetables)
- 2 cups chicken, diced (or turkey)
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a medium saucepan, saute green pepper in butter/margarine till tender.
- 2Remove green pepper.
- 3Blend in flour, then slowly stir in milk.
- 4Add soup and heat slowly, stirring constantly.
- 5Add vegetables, chicken or turkey, and green pepper.
- 6Cook on low heat about 10 minutes longer.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 8Serve on patty shells, toast, rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken or Turkey a La King
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 837.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: