Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This soup is from an old issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. It's a core recipe or only has 3 points per serving if counting. If the broth gets a little too thick after refrigerating leftovers, add a little water to thin and reheat on stove or microwave. NOTE: Weight Watchers lists the calories per serving for this recipe to be 160 with 2 g fat which makes 3 points per serving. For some reason Zaar has the calories and fat a lot higher. I think that perhaps Zaar doesn't recognize the chicken ingredient to be skinless which would reduce the fat quantity.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and simple to make soup. I changed things around slightly in this recipe by using more chicken (close to 1 pound) and adding it with the onion -- I also added some Italian Seasoning and then added the veggies and pasta about 10 minutes or so later. Very good soup which my whole family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables, i.e. broccoli-cauliflower-carrot
- 2 ounces whole-wheat spaghettini, broken into 3 inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chopped onion to broth in a large pot or Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Add vegetable blend, cover and return to a boil.
- Add spaghettini and chicken, partially cover pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, until the chicken, vegetables and pasta are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes).