Prep 7 mins
Cook 13 mins
Great Chicken Noodle Soup that is easy and quick. It was originally published by Cooking Light in January 2010. I used rotini for the noodles since that's what I had available at home.
- 2 cups water
- 32 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 6 ounces fusilli
- 2 1⁄2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Combine the water and chicken broth in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for five minutes.
- During heating of the broth mixture, coat a stockpot with the olive oil, and add the onion, celery, salt, pepper, and carrots on medium-high heat until tender. Add hot broth mixture and pasta and stir while bringing to a boil.
- Cook at a boil for seven minutes until the noodles are almost done. Then add the chicken for one minute or until hot. Stir in the parsley at the end before serving.