1/2 Photos of Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
From "The Best Freezer Cookbook". This is a very simple soup. My kids actually prefer it with no carrots or peas. Just chicken and noodles. I find the noodles I use in the kosher section of my supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add green onions then broth, bayleaf, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are almost done.
- 5Bring back to a boil and add noodles, chicken and peas.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 7Remove bay leaf and taste for seasoning.
- 9To freeze: I freeze this by adding the chicken and peas in step 5 but not adding the noodles until I reheat it. They tend to absorb a lot of the broth. You can add them before freezing, just add more broth upon thawing and heating. Cool, ladle into freezer containers. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 10Thaw in microwave or overnight in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 1068.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 20.3 g