Recipe by ErikaNY
I don't know what took me so long, but last month was the first time I made a homemade chicken noodle soup. I was looking through my recipe binder and saw one for a chicken noodle soup that looked REALLY simple and not very time consuming (and cheap to make). It was a cold day outside, so I went to the store and purchased the ingredients. This soup is now a staple on my menu!
Top Review by hlmatherne
:::waving::: Hi Erika!! It's Heather from the April 2006 AOL board! I just trid this recipe and it's *divine! Thanks so much for the recipe. It was easy to follow and I had all of the ingredients on hand.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I use chicken tenders)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked gemelli pasta (4 ounces) or 1 cup rotini pasta (4 ounces)