Recipe by Hey Jude
I love this pate! This recipe makes quite a bit so it's great for parties or potlucks. Serve with baguette slices.
Top Review by Geema
My DD and I both really loved this very easy to make chicken liver pate. It's a similiar recipe to the one my mother made, which I have unfortunately lost. She used sherry instead of red wine, and so did I, and didn't include parsley. The pate's silky smooth texture brought this recipe out of the ordinary and into the sublime, especially when paired with crunchy baked slices of baguettes. I put two small ramikens of the pate in my freezer to enjoy another day. Thanks Hey Jude for bring back good memories of my mother's chicken liver pate.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 green onions, including tops,thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup butter, diced,at room temperature
- additional chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide frying pan, melt the 2 tsp butter over medium-high heat; add green onions, cook, stirring, until limp.
- Add chicken livers; cook, turning, until browned.
- Stir in wine, salt, thyme and pepper; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add the 2 T parsley.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and whirl until smooth; with motor running, drop in butter pieces, a few at a time, and whirl until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or for up to 4 days.
- Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.