- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed or cut in strips)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Saute garlic, onion, and bell pepper, stirring often, until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add chicken to skillet and sear on all sides. (about 3 - 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Add broth, tomatoes with their liquid, hot sauce, and okra. Stir to break up okra.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until everything is heated through and slightly thickened.