Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious old fashioned comfort food made fast and easy. You can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes and tastes as good, if not better, than the version that takes a couple of hours.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (can substitue apple juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat. Add chicken and onion; cook until chicken is cooked through and onion is tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in soup and mushrooms. Add water, wine, thyme and salt; mix well. Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add rice and parsley; stir. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon.
Wow! I hadn't eaten anything with "fricassee" in the name and thought it would be fun. Maybe it's not the best reason to make a dish, but that's how my mind works! I had to substitute 1/2 cup of water with 2 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar mixed in for the wine because we don't drink alcohol and didn't have any apple juice. It still turned out fantastic! The thyme really works well with the cream of chicken to create a flavor not usually tasted in dishes containing C of Chk soup, which I thought was a very good thing. The bacon is also a nice touch.