Recipe by PrimQuilter
I love making this chicken up when I need something quick and healthy for dinner. I prepare this in a large saucier pot. Many variables on this one! In the past I have added italian dressing, balsamic viniagrette, whatever looks good for extra flavor when I open the fridge.
- 1 chicken breasts or 3 chicken tenders
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, brussel sprouts etc)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms (green or red peppers, sprouts, pea pods etc)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- 1 -2 teaspoon original Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.
- Fry in olive oil for 5 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, turn down to med and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and Ms Dash, cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until vegetables start to soften up.
- When it's done, I remove from pan all but the broth then thicken it up with a bit of cornstarch mixed with cold water.