Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I was making my standard dressing, had half of it prepared, went to put the main ingredient and I was out! We live 30 miles from store round trip. I came up with this substitute dressing and everyone loved it. Hope you enjoy also.
- 453.59 g package seasoned stuffing mix, bread cubes. I used Mrs. Culbertson brand. 3 to 4 cups
- 3 large celery ribs, thinly diced
- 177.44 ml diced onion
- 4.92 ml dry basil leaves
- 4.92 ml ground thyme
- 4.92 ml ground sage
- 118.29 ml melted margarine
- 236.59 ml milk
- 304.75 g can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl add the following ingredients: dressing cubes, celery slices, onions, basil, thyme and sage.
- Melt margarine in microwave.
- Add melted margarine to mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients mixed.
- In medium bowl, add soup and milk, stir to mix. Add to dressing and mix until blended.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray Pam into two quart casserole.
- Pile dressing into casserole dish. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes. If top is getting browned too soon, then cover top with foil.