Montana Heart Song's Note:
I was making my standard dressing, had half of it prepared, went to put the main ingredient and I was out! We live 30 miles from store round trip. I came up with this substitute dressing and everyone loved it. Hope you enjoy also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix, bread cubes. I used Mrs. Culbertson brand. 3 to 4 cups
- 3 large celery ribs, thinly diced
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- Pam cooking spray
- 1In large mixing bowl add the following ingredients: dressing cubes, celery slices, onions, basil, thyme and sage.
- 2Melt margarine in microwave.
- 3Add melted margarine to mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients mixed.
- 4In medium bowl, add soup and milk, stir to mix. Add to dressing and mix until blended.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6Spray Pam into two quart casserole.
- 7Pile dressing into casserole dish. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes. If top is getting browned too soon, then cover top with foil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Dressing With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 1599.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g