Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one I use when I've been busy all day and need something tasty, but fast.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 carrots, cut in 1 inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- Melt butter in deep skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings.
- Add water; cover.
- Cook on med for 8 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and peas.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat back to med; cook, covered for another 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
This was the perfect quick and easy dinner for tonight. I used 2 small chicken breasts and broth instead of water.
I added garlic while it was sauteeing as well, and I used chicken broth (using "chicken broth base" paste) instead of water. I was a little worried there wouldn't be enough fluid but it was the perfect amount and created a rich and savory gravy that we poured over the potatoes. For me this was comfort food, reminding me of something my grandmother used to make, my daughter however said "It tastes like pot roast but with chicken". All in all, this was fabulous. Thank you!
This is a great and quick recipe! The family loved it and I am adding it to my recipe files! I added a small amount of garlic to the chicken while it browned. We will definately have this again and soon! For a side dish we add Orzo with butter.