1/1 Photo of Quick Chicken Curry With Tomatoes and Peas
Hearty and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- kosher salt
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1Cook the rice according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 1 T oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Season the chicken with the curry powder and 1/4 t each salt and pepper and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer to a bowl.
- 5Add the wine to the skillet and cook, scraping up any brown bits, for 2 minutes.
- 6Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
- 7Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- 8Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes.
- 9Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- 10Return the chicken and wine to the skillet, add the tomatoes and peas, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 11Serve over the rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Curry With Tomatoes and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 235.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 41.9 g