Recipe by IslandGirl
A quick and tasty curry, should be called "Curry in a Hurry"
Top Review by nvguys
After making this recipe I agree with the other reviewer. I have submitted a correction for the web master to review. The serving should be 4 to 6 oz of chicken per person. This recipe was BLAND!!! I modified it to improve the taste. These are the corrections I have concluded are needed to make it taste better:
Change curry to 4 teaspoons or more. I added 4 and ½ teaspoons and it ended up being perfect!!
Change onions to 2 medium onions or more (I added 3) if you like veggies
Add thin sliced ripple cut carrots ½ to 1 cup (optional item) for additional veggies
Add one small can of bamboo shoots (optional item) for additional veggies
Pat the chicken dry before seasoning
Stir in 2 chopped green onions right before serving (optional item) if you like veggies.
I served over long grain steamed rice and everybody loved it.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 -6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (per person)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then coat in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Reserve the excess flour.
- Brown the chicken on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook til just tender, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and 1 T. of the reserved flour.
- Discard the rest.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to pan and cook til sauce lightly thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Turn the chicken occasionally during this process.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a serving dish, spoon over the sauce and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.