Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice tasting chicken curry, fairly simple to make. Good over rice. Serve with a cucumber salad on the side. A family staple from our local paper, posted for safe keeping.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, & grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour (or cornstarch to make it GF)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (if you boil chicken in water, just reserved the broth)
- 1 cup yogurt
- Saute onion, garlic, apple, and green pepper until softened.
- Sprinkle flour and seasonings over sauteed veggies, stir to mix.
- Add broth and chicken, stir until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in yogurt just before serving.
- Serve over rice, and garnish with peanuts, raisins, and lemon slices (opt).