- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, roasted and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large Dutch over over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and jalapeño; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add flour, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in mil and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cool until thick (About 5 minutes).
- Serve hot.