Simple and delicious.
Make and share this Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Place ham and cheese down the center of each; roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place butter and coating mix in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip chicken in butter, then roll in coating mix.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks.
Oh, wow! This was super! I modified this a little bit, as I'm on a reduced fat diet. I used reduced fat swiss cheese, fat/calorie free butter spray, fat free croutons (crumbed in a food processor), and sprinkled a wee bit of parmesan cheese into that mix. I also baked it at 350 in the oven for about 30 minutes, and wow! My family scarfed this down like they hadn't eaten for a week, so needless to say, it's a saved recipe, and a big "make again" at our place! Thanks, looneytunesfan!
This was super and is now a regular at our house. I have found it fun and interesting to vary the flavor of the chicken coating. Hubby likes the spicy one the best.
This was a very good, simple recipe. I made it for lunch today and I had all the ingredients on hand already...I love recipes like that. The only change I made was that I used Provolone as well as the Swiss cheese. Everyone in my family was very happy with this recipe. Thank you!