Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the easiest cordon bleu recipe I've ever found and since it's made in the microwave, it take almost no time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 slices fully cooked ham (, thin slices)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Flatten the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread mustard on one side; sprinkle with paprika.
- Top with a ham slice.
- Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Brush chicken with mayonnaise; roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a shallow 2 quart microwave safe dish; cover loosely.
- Microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook 7 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Remove toothpicks; set aside and keep warm.
- In a 1 quart microwave safe dish, heat butter on high for 30 seconds; stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and salt.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until smooth.
- Add wine or broth.
- Serve over chicken.
Really did not taste right. It's okay and edible, but not what I expect from a good recipe.