Recipe by Sondra Beth
This was based on a recipe from Rachel Ray's Cookbook that I just love. The combination of chicken tenders & chicken thighs along with the beef broth makes it taste like it's simmered for hours - yet complete in less than a half an hour
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 lb bonless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 -10 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (32 ounce) can whole tomatoes, squeezed
- 1 lb egg noodles (Homemade or frozen from store is best, but dried will do just fine) or 1 lb fettuccine pasta (Homemade or frozen from store is best, but dried will do just fine)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- crusty bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a swirl of olive oil- let it heat-up in order to brown the chicken.
- Brown the chicken: Add first the chicken thighs & brown for ~ 3 minutes, then the chicken tenders.
- Remove all chicken from pan when brown,season the chicken with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and return pan to stove.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms, fresh minced garlic.
- Cook until mushrooms are darker, tender& releasing juices juices.
- Add beef broth.
- Stir in tomatoes with the fresh basil & cilantro or parsley.
- Add the chicken and simmer~ 5 minutes to fully cook the chicken.
- Toss cooked pasta with cacciatore.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmagiano or Romano& crusty bread.
- Beef Broth is the secret ingredient- Don't omit.