Sondra Beth's Note:
This was based on a recipe from Rachel Ray's Cookbook that I just love. The combination of chicken tenders & chicken thighs along with the beef broth makes it taste like it's simmered for hours - yet complete in less than a half an hour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 lb bonless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 -10 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (32 ounce) can whole tomatoes, squeezed
- 1 lb egg noodles (Homemade or frozen from store is best, but dried will do just fine) or 1 lb fettuccine pasta (Homemade or frozen from store is best, but dried will do just fine)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- crusty bread
- 1Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add a swirl of olive oil- let it heat-up in order to brown the chicken.
- 3Brown the chicken: Add first the chicken thighs & brown for ~ 3 minutes, then the chicken tenders.
- 4Remove all chicken from pan when brown,season the chicken with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and return pan to stove.
- 6Add red pepper, mushrooms, fresh minced garlic.
- 7Cook until mushrooms are darker, tender& releasing juices juices.
- 8Add beef broth.
- 9Stir in tomatoes with the fresh basil & cilantro or parsley.
- 10Add the chicken and simmer~ 5 minutes to fully cook the chicken.
- 11Toss cooked pasta with cacciatore.
- 12Serve with freshly grated Parmagiano or Romano& crusty bread.
- 13Beef Broth is the secret ingredient- Don't omit.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Cacciatore - That Tastes Like It Simmered All Day.
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.0 mg
- Sodium 713.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 55.5 g