Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy, quick, week-night supper.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- cooked spaghetti or rice
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion, and mushrooms in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Place the chicken breasts over the vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies and seasonings.
- Pour over the chicken; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve over spaghetti or rice if desired.