Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Want the taste of Chicken Cacciatore but don't have 2 hours to prep & cook? Me too! I tried this on my family & they LOVED IT. You can use whatever veggies you like, I just used what I had on hand. Would also be good with zucchini, squash and mushrooms. If I was cooking for just me & hubby I would have added garlic, but since mom doesn't like it and I love mom... you know... :) I served it with instant potatoes making it a super quick and easy meal!
- 4 -6 chicken thighs
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add veggies. Cook until onions get soft and translucent.
- Add one of the cans of diced tomatoes along with 1 t. of Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Let cook over medium-low heat.
- In a microwave-safe baking dish, pour the other can of diced tomatoes in the bottom. Add the sugar and the rest of the Italian seasonings and stir.
- Place the chicken thighs on the tomato mixture. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove and uncover dish from microwave and pour the veggie mix on top. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and serve with instant potatoes, rice or pasta!