Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my fast recipe; my slow recipe takes all day. It's good with pasta, but also tasty with rice or mashed potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, 1 inch dice (5 breasts about 4 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finesly shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons basil, dried
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat and sautee chicken.
- When seared on all sides, lower heat, put the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook for one hour, stirring occasionally.
Really good. My husband even commented on it,(unsolicited) so I know I'll be making it again this winter Thanks.