From Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. A quick version of the classic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta or 1 lb penne
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, halved and sliced thin
- salt, to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta to desired done-ness.
- 2Rub chicken breasts or thighs with the balsamic vinegar.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook the chicken 5 minutes per side and remove from heat.
- 4Meanwhile, heat garlic and red pepper flakes in oil until garlic starts making noise. Add portobellos, coat with oil, then sprinkle them with salt, and cover.
- 5Check after 5 minutes. You should have a dark gravy of portobello juices at this time. If the mushrooms are not dark and soft, toss them, cover, and cook another couple of minutes.
- 6Add the tomatoes and parsley. Sauce should be a rich reddish brown.
- 7Slice chicken diagonally and add to the sauce. Heat through.
- 8Add the pasta, toss and pour onto a serving platter.
- 9Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 164.2 mg
- Sodium 533.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 46.8 g