Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A special and surprisingly easy recipe - just don't tell your guests how easy it was. ;)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml dry vermouth or 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 118.29 ml red currant jelly or 118.29 ml black currant jelly, to taste
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet sauté the shallot with the butter until slightly soft, then add the chicken breasts and cook on each side until browned.
- Place browned chicken baking dish.
- Deglaze pan with the vermouth, then stir in the remaining ingredients; pour currant sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with wild rice.
- Makes 4 servings.