Recipe by lauralie41
Moist and cheesy parmesan crusted chicken recipe with a subtle nutty edge that simmers in a buttery wine sauce. Adapted from a cooking websites newsletter and posted for 2006 Zaar World Tour - France.
Top Review by Annacia
I like the concept and ease of the recipe but the cheese and wine didn't want to play nice together. Used a blend of Parm, Romano and Asiago. Even though I dried the chicken very well it wouldn't stick very well at all. Like some others I did add some garlic and some basil which was nice. Very quick and simple with an overall good taste. It was served with orzo pasta, broccoli and carrots.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish or plate, spread parmesan cheese into a layer.
- Dividing chicken into three parts, dip seasoned chicken into beaten eggs, than into parmesan cheese to coat well. Repeat until all chicken pieces have been well coated, adding more beaten eggs or parmesan cheese as needed.
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and add wine, cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.