Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moist and cheesy parmesan crusted chicken recipe with a subtle nutty edge that simmers in a buttery wine sauce. Adapted from a cooking websites newsletter and posted for 2006 Zaar World Tour - France.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish or plate, spread parmesan cheese into a layer.
- Dividing chicken into three parts, dip seasoned chicken into beaten eggs, than into parmesan cheese to coat well. Repeat until all chicken pieces have been well coated, adding more beaten eggs or parmesan cheese as needed.
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and add wine, cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Quite nice, and definitely a quick, easy dish. I scorched the chicken a little, by accident, but it actually tasted fine that way, and I think it helped the cheese to stick to the meat. I'm not sure how well I like the cheese/wine combination, but maybe it was the wine I chose. I really like the fact that there is no breading. Thanks for posting!
Good recipe. I added some garlic for a little spice, but very easy to make.
Very nice chicken dish! Easy to prepare and quite tasty! Thanks Lauralie!