Recipe by Nif
This easy shrimp-and-chicken entree is coated in a silky coconut-milk sauce. Buy the cooked chicken at the supermarket deli or roast your own. This is from a 2005 Chatelaine, a Canadian magazine. Enjoy!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 19.71 ml hot indian curry paste
- 340.19 g frozen peeled shrimp (optional)
- 2 (793.78 g) can coconut milk
- 29.58 ml liquid honey
- 1 deli chicken
- 3 whole roasted red peppers, sliced into thick pieces
- 118.29 ml fresh coriander, chopped (I sub parsley)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and curry paste. Stir frequently until onions soften, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place shrimp in a sieve. Rinse under cold running water until any ice crystals melt. Once onions are softened, stir in coconut milk and honey. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard skin from chicken, then pull off meat and tear or cut into bite-size chunks. Slice peppers into thick pieces. Coarsely chop cilantro. Stir shrimp, chicken, peppers and peas into coconut-milk mixture.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are hot, 3 to 5 minutes. If using uncooked shrimp, cook until pink, about 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coriander. Slice lime into wedges and serve alongside curry. Great with jasmine rice.
- Make Ahead:.
- Prepare recipe to end of step 1. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days or freeze up to 1 month. Defrost then bring to a simmer. Continue with recipe as written.